Friday, April 22, 2011

"That's When I Talk to God" by Dan & Ali Morrow

That's When I Talk to GodSnack of Choice:
Warm cup of milk... and some Oreos with Peanut Butter... and make that COLD milk.

Story behind the story:
I JUST got this book. In fact, I JUST requested it as well. This is the first book I have received from the B&B Media Group. They are NOT the publisher, they are the media promoters. I'm very impressed with their swift response. The publisher for this particular book was published by David C. Cook. I am not required to give a positive review in exchange for this free product. 

Story Line:
When can you talk to God and what do you talk to Him about? This children's book brings the parent and child who are reading it through a day in the life of a young girl who is discovering what it means to pray. When you wake up, on the playground, and under the stars – from praise and honor, to repentance and needs – we can follow the advice of Thess. 5:17 (“Pray continually). Story illustrated by Cory Godbey.

The Real Story:
I'm so glad to get some of these resources that I can use for YEARS. There are going to be kids in our house. Some will stay for a while and some will never leave (maybe after they turn 18), but how do I provide a godly base for them? Where do I start? No matter how much or how little a child knows about God, this story book provides the example and the opportunity for questions and for foundational truths to be unveiled. The book includes some great Scriptures on prayer that can be a part of the reading of the story.

The one thing I wonder about has to do with the mother and daughter in the story. I could see my wife sharing this with our little girl, and I could even see me sharing it with her. My thought is about a boy's reaction to the story. Would he connect the way a girl would with the character (a girl)? Either way, I'm gonna give it a try! What a great book!

Just a note, Ali is Lee Strobel's daughter. Lee writes a letter included at the back of the book encouraging parents to the use the resource.

Check out:
“That's where God Is” by the same authors

Rating:
5 out of 5 conversations with God

No comments:

Post a Comment